PortableApps.com started to offer a portable version 3.0 of Google Chrome for Windows. So, now you can take the Chrome browsing experience with you.
The site offers a small application that downloads Google Chrome’s installer(Due to the licensing terms of Google Chrome), extract its files and installs a portable launcher. Then you can Copy the resulting folder to a USB drive and you can launch Chrome on multiple computers without leaving traces. That’s really good part of this, using same portable version on multiple computers once downloaded & stored in USB devices.
Google Chrome Portable is a web browser that runs web pages and applications with lightning speed. It’s designed to be simple and stylish.
When your USB flash drive, portable hard drive, iPod or other portable device is plugged in, you have access to your Chrome browser just as you would on your own PC. And when you unplug the device, none of your personal data is left behind.
Google Chrome’s features include:
- Quick to start up
- Loads web pages in a snap
- Runs web applications faster than ever
- Designed for efficiency and ease of use
- Search and navigate to web pages from the same box
- Arrange and organize tabs however you wish — quickly and easily
- Get to your favorite websites with just a click, from the thumbnails of your most visited sites in the New Tab page
- Themes to add delight to your browser
A much better idea would be to run Chrome using “roaming” profiles and save your settings and data online.
What do you think about the portable applications? Do you know more useful portable applications? Comment & share your views.