In my previous article on Torrents, Ultimate Beginners Guide for Torrents, Ken asked me this in his comment
I do not know how to start a Torrent, search for a torrent or download a torrent because I Know Nothing at all about Torrents and would like to know if you can help me, Please?
So, here is a step by step tutorial to
1. Download and Install a BitTorrent Client
2. Find and Download a File
If you want to learn from basics & understand more about torrents, torrent trackers, BitTorrent Clients, Limewires & how does torrent works? you can see this & can learn about a faster & better search engine for torrents, Kisckasstorrents here.
Download and Install a BitTorrent Client
- Download BitComet. Its a torrent Client. This program downloads files from BitTorrent. (The most popular are BitTorrent, Azureus(Now called Vuze) and uTorrent.)
- Click on Save File.
- When the download is finished, go to BitComet Setup(.exe File) double-click on it.
- Click Run, Ok, Next, I Agree, I Agree, Next and Install. The program will install. Click Finish. The program will start up.
Find and Download a File
- Go to a BitTorrent search engine… Say Mininova.org
- Click on the text field near the top left of the page, and type in your desired ebook, game name etc. Click Search.
- You will be taken to a search-results page.
- You will probably see a page like this, with a mix of files with different sizes.
- Click on the name (widest column) of a torrent that sounds good. That row will expand to display some ads, a Download .torrent link, and information about the files that the torrent links to. Click on the Download .torrent link.
To the right you see a number of Seeds and Leechers for each Torrent. A Seed is a user who has the whole file and is sharing it. A Leecher is someone who, like you, is in the process of downloading the file.
So you’ll want to pick a version of the file that has lots of Seeds and Leechers, so that the download is faster and more certain to be successful.
- If you have never downloaded a torrent before, a window will pop up, asking what you want to do with this file. Choose “Open with BitComet”, check “Do this automatically for files like this from now on” or “Always use this program to open similar files”.
- BitComet should open automatically and ask you if you want to download this file. Click OK.
- Wait patiently for the file to download. When it’s done, the file will be in the C:Downloads folder.
Install BitComet Free BitTorrent Client & Speed up Downloading[Video]
Looking on Common File Extensions
- If the file is a .MP3, .RM then it is an audio file which you can play in a music player.
- If the file is a .AVi, .MP4, etc, then it is a movie file you can watch on your computer or transfer to a DVD, iPod, PSP, etc.
- If the file ends with .RAR or .ZIP, then it’s basically a kind of archive ZIP file, and you need to decompress it using WinRAR.
- If the file ends with VOB, ISO, CUE/BIN, or if it’s a VIDEO_TS folder, then it can be burned onto a DVD for viewing on a DVD player.
Remember, downloading media on BitTorrent is illegal.
Did you liked the way we put using BitTorrent client to download torrents? What are the Clients you use for downloading torrents? Share with us your views & comment.